I have a responsibility:
- To ask my friend if everything is alright and keep asking questions until they feel comfortable talking back
- To listen to them
- To believe them
- To follow my instincts
- To not minimize their struggle
- To not judge them
- To not blame them
- To tell them it is not their fault. You can never make someone else hurt you.
- To tell them they deserves respect
- To encourage them to get help from a school counselor, a parent, law enforcement
- To tell them there is never a reason to stay if they feels afraid, unhappy or abused
- To highlight their positive qualities and help restore their self-confidence
- To keep myself safe
- To never be SILENT
1 in 3 females
have been or will be abused in a relationship
and 66 percent of cases will go unreported.
1 in 33 males
will be survivors of rape.
Reach out to your friends and give them the courage to speak out.