Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer and/or call the National Dating Abuse Hotline 1−866−331−9474 or Text “LoveIs” to 77054.
- Did you know that you can monitor someone’s computer use without the user knowing?
- Did you know that a “history” cannot be completely erased from a computer?
- Did you know that cell phone use can be monitored?
- Did you know that a global positioning system (GPS) can be placed on your car, in your purse or in your cell phone?
- Did you know the some court systems are placing court records online and that they may contain personal information?
- Did you know that e-mail is like a postcard and can be intercepted?
Technology is ever-changing, and it can be used to jeopardize your safety or as a means to ensure your safety. Technology is a powerful tool for someone leaving a domestic violence situation, and the National Dating Abuse Hotline can help a caller, whether victim, friend or family member, plan to use all aspects of technology safely.