● Dating abuse begins as early as 6th grade
● Abuse gets more severe over time
● Both girls & boys are victims of dating abuse
● Both girls & boys are perpetrators of dating abuse
● Dating abuse transfers to domestic violence in adulthood
● Rapes by acquaintances account for 60% of all reported rapes
The SAFE DATES curriculum strives to:
● raise awareness of what constitutes healthy and abusive dating relationships;
● raise awareness of dating abuse and its causes and consequences;
● equip students with the skills and resources to help themselves
or friends in abusive dating relationships;
● equip students with the skills to develop healthy dating relationships, including positive communication, anger management and conflict management.
The Safe Dates curriculum does not push or promote dating, but it will prepare an adolescent for the future when he or she may be dating. Safe Dates helps adolescents recognize the difference between caring, supportive relationships and controlling, manipulative, or abusive relationships.
This is a 10-session program with each session being 50 minutes. May be scheduled every other week, monthly, etc. This program is directed at adolescents in 6th-12th grades.
For more information or to schedule a Safe Dates course for your youth group, please email GuidedToSafety@gmail.com